Peter Seal Scottish, b. 1959
Peter Seal is an artist based in Manchester, UK, producing work in a variety of mediums. Paint, collage and 3D.
- 1959 - Born in Perthshire, Scotland
- 1977-81 - Attended Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art, Dundee
- 1980 - Hospitalfield House, Arbroath
- 1981-82 - Subsequently attended Manchester Metropolitan University
- 1982-94 - Taught at Blackpool and the Fylde College
- 1984-96 - Taught at Manchester Metropolitan University
- 1987 - Two man exhibition, The Showroom, Bethnal Green, London - with Robert Welch
- 1992 - Two man exhibition, Castlefield Gallery, Manchester - with Craigie Aitchison
- 1994 - 'Unveiled: Possibilities in Abstract Painting' The Cornerhouse, Manchester
- 1996 - Castlefield Gallery, Manchester
- 2003 - Martin Tinney Gallery, Cardiff;
- - 'Beyond the Endgame - Abstract Painting in Manchester' Manchester Art Gallery
- 2007 - 'Void/Noir. Visions in the Absence of Sight' Musee d'Art de Joliette, Quebec, Canada
- 2013 - Awarded First Prize at the Bankley Open, Levenshulme, Manchester
- 2014 - 'Peter Seal: Paintings and Collages' Solo exhibition curated by Dr Ian Massey at Bankley Gallery, Levenshulme, Manchester
- 2017 - 'Play' - Blankley Gallery, Manchester
- - The Decorative Autumn Fair, London (Anthony Hepworth Fine Art Dealers)
- - Brownsword Hepworth, Chelsea, London SW3
- 2018 - The London Art Fair, Business Design Centre, Islington, London N1 (Brownsword Hepworth)
- - The Decorative Spring Fair, London (Anthony Hepworth Fine Art Dealers)
- - Summer exhibition, Brownsword Hepworth, Chelsea, London SW3
AN ECLECTIC EYE19 Nov - 18 Dec 2019Modern British & Contemporary Paintings, Tribal Art, and an exhibition of Sculpture, Small Paintings & Studies by Peter Seal.
VIBRANCY: A CELEBRATION OF COLOUR IN CONTEMPORARY BRITISH ART16 Jul - 23 Aug 2019Including work by: Stewart Geddes Daphne Gradidge Julia Atkinson Melissa Hartley Peter Lloyd-Jones Peter Seal Maria Wojdat
PETER SEAL RECENT PAINTINGS26 Feb - 22 Mar 2019An exhibiton of recent work by Peter Seal, including acrylic paintings on stitched canvas, and unique Bronze sculptures.
PAINTING AND SCULPTURE BY GALLERY ARTISTS29 Jan - 20 Feb 2019
Crafting Monumentality: Three Contemporary Approaches to Abstraction25 Jul - 24 Aug 2018Bringing together the works of three contemporary British artists, this exhibition involves a dynamic negotiation of two conventionally opposed forces across painting and sculpture: monumentality and craftsmanship. Throughout, the works...