Please contact the gallery for works currently available.
Richard Perry: Education
B.A.(Hons) Fine Art, First Class, Leeds Polytechnic 1981.
- (Forthcoming), White marble sculpture for the Si Juan Centre, Nottingham University.
- ‘Zephyr’, 2 carved granite sculptures for Grosvenor & Hilbert Park, Tunbridge Wells.
- ‘Halley 8’, Sculpture Installation for Nevill Holt Opera.
- ‘River’, relief carving, 3 St Paul’s Place, Sheffield. 35m long.
- Series of carved sculptures for the Shipwrights Way trail, Hampshire.
- ‘Bradain’ Carved Kilkenny Limestone sculpture for Blackrock, Ireland. 3m long.
- ‘StarStone’ Armagh marble Market Place, Armagh. 5.5m high.
- ‘ShoalStone’ Whatscliffe Derbyshire sandstone Rushenden, Kent. 1.5m high.
- ‘FloraStone’ Portland Stone New Downe Hospital, Downpatrick. 1.5m high.
- ‘LifeStones’ Bronze inlays for 6 sculptural benches Trinity Square, Nottingham.
- ‘Newbury StarStone’ Gritstone sculpture for Sovereign Housing, Newbury.
- ‘Manchester Tree’ Limewood, oil & wax, private collection. 150cm high.
- ‘Freedom Tree’ Bronze Commissioned by Jersey Public Sculpture Trust to commemorate the 60th anniversary of the Liberation, St Helier. 6m high.
- 2 carved and 7 cast sculptures for P&O’s new liner ‘Arcadia’.
- ‘Needle’ 14m high slate sculpture, St Helier. Jersey Public Sculpture Trust.
- ‘Harley Cubes’ The Harley Gallery, Welbeck, Notts. 1.28m high.
- ‘Fountain Trees’ 5 ceramic sculptures (inc. 3 water columns) commissioned by Grosvenor Estates for Festival Square, Basingstoke.
- 4 x 3m high bronze sculptures, 4 granite benches and a granite floorscape design for Mansion House Square, Doncaster.
- ‘Interlocking Oaks’ 4.5m high stone arch, The Boots Company HQ Nottingham.
- ‘Water Hawthorne’ Limestone. The EDA Garden Museum, Tokyo.
- The Peace Gardens, Sheffield. Design of 120m balustrade, design and carving of 120m stone relief for the ‘Heart of the City’ Millennium project.
- ‘Fire and Water’ Carrara marble sculpture for Leamington Spa Fire Station. 2m high.
- ‘Six Figures’ 10m carved stone balustrade, Nottingham Castle Museum & Art Gallery.
- 5.5m high bronze sculpture, Bethnal Green, London.
- ‘From the Red Earth’ 1.8 x 4.5m carved Sycamore relief, GlaxoSmithKline, Commissioned through the Contemporary Art Society.
- ‘Isola Song’ 2m high Istrian marble. Forma Viva Sculpture Park, Slovenia.
- ‘Willow Cube’ & ‘Pine Cube’ bronze sculptures & drawings The Boots Company HQ.
- 10 drawings for the boardroom of The Boots Company Head Office, Nottingham.
- ‘Mountsorrel Tree’ bronze sculpture for the Wells Road Unit, Notts Healthcare Trust.
- 8 x 3.6m Limewood relief for the International Convention Centre, Birmingham.
- ‘Tree’ 3.5m high carved Portland stone sculpture, Northampton Guildhall.
- ‘Thomas Boulsover’ Bronze sculpture, Tudor Square, Sheffield.
- 4 carved Oak doors, Newark Library.
- ‘Three Musicians’ Carved marble bas-relief for The Royal Concert Hall, Nottingham.
- ‘Quartet’ Bronze sculpture Angel Row, Nottingham.
National Stone Federation Award for ‘Needle’, Jersey, 2006.
National Stone Federation Award for the Peace Gardens, Sheffield, 2000.
RIBA National Urban Design Award for the Peace Gardens, Sheffield, 1999.
Nottingham City Council Design Award for balustrade at Nottingham Castle, 1997.
RSA ‘Art for Architecture’ Award for commissioned sculpture designs, 1990.
RWA Sculpture Exhibition First Prize.
- The Stone Festival, The Bowes Museum. Sculptor in residence.
- Forma Viva, Piran, Slovenia – international sculpture symposium. 1 of 4 sculptors invited to make sculptures from local stone, working alongside 4 stonemasons. ‘Isola song’, 2 m high caved Istrian marble sculpture produced during the symposium, is permanently sited in Piran.
Nottingham City Council. Designing a rest garden for a new cemetery, 2003.
Grainger Town, Newcastle. Outline ideas for water features 2000/01.
The Boots Company. Plan & design of Millennium Sculpture Garden with Mark Lutyens, 1997.
Sheffield City Council. Design of new city square (The Peace Gardens) with Tracey Heyes, Brian Asquith and Sheffield City Council Landscape and Architects, 1997-99.
Work in collections
The British Museum (National Collection of Prints and Drawings)
ASDA Properties plc
Derby Education Authority
Doncaster Metropolitan Borough
EDA Garden Museum, Tokyo
The Harley Foundation
Leicestershire Schools Collection
New Downe Hospital
Nottinghamshire Healthcare Trust
Sovereign Housing Association
University College Dublin
Bethnal Green City Challenge
The Boots Company
Derby Museums Service
Dudley Metropolitan Borough
Forma Viva, Pirano, Slovenia
Jersey Public Sculpture Trust
County Louth, Republic of Ireland
Milton Keynes Development Corporation
Rufford Sculpture Garden
Thamesdown Borough Council
Warwickshire Fire & Rescue Services
Richard Perry: Recent Works, Lakeside Arts Centre, Nottingham, 2017 (solo).
Strangelands, Collyer Bristow Gallery, London, 2017.
Selected solo exhibitions
Lakeside Arts Centre, Nottingham, 2017.
Jersey Arts Centre, St Helier, Jersey, 2005.
Capital One, Nottingham, 2003.
Foyer Gallery, The Djanogly Gallery, Nottingham, 2001.
The Aspidal Gallery, Rufford, 1997.
The Hart Gallery, London, 1996.
The Harley Gallery, Welbeck, Notts, 1996.
The City Gallery, Leicester, 1995.
Selected group exhibitions
Royal Hibernian Academy, Dublin
The New Art Centre at Roche Court, Salisbury
The Palace of Culture, Poznam, Poland
Castle Museum & Art Gallery, Nottingham
Anna Bornholt Gallery, London
20th Century British Art Fair, London
The Contemporary Art Society Market, London
Royal West of England Academy, Bristol
Tarpey Gallery, Castle Donington
The Ruskin Gallery, Sheffield
The Hart Gallery, Nottingham & London
Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery
Mappin Art Gallery, Sheffield
Harris Museum, Preston
Atkinson Gallery, Southport
Usher Gallery, Lincoln
Six Chapel Row Gallery, Bath
Midland Group Gallery, Nottingham
Richard Perry is represented by Brownsword Hepworth