Please contact the gallery for works currently available.
Born in Sweden in 1950, Mick Lindberg learned the art of needlework from her mother and grandmother. Throughout her life, her passion for textiles and fashion has influenced her career choices, first as model and photographer, now as a textile artist.
“I often receive, through the generosity of friends, bags & boxes with old cloth & fabrics, that for years have been hiding in attics and basements and cupboards. Neatly folded remnants of vintage fabrics... dusty William Morris linen and antique lace happily abandon their confinement into my hands... and start to weave their tale.
From such a fragment of cloth, sometime a whole character emerges, like a genie from a bottle.. evoking the memory of someone's grandmother, or maybe a naughty aunt.
I’m often asked from where I draw the inspiration for my characters, I always say - ‘they come to me’.
The fabric fragments from friends give me a sense of continuity, where I’m allowed to stitch my own story... in between the layering of memory & time.”
— Mick Lindberg, 2015
- Born Tidaholm, Sweden
- Lived & worked between Paris and New York
- Moved to London
- “Windows” exhibition, Fox Talbot Museum
- “The Tired Tulip” one person exhibition, the Print Room, Photographers Gallery, London
- Group show, Zelda Cheatle Gallery opening, London
- Christmas Exhibition, Portfolio Gallery, London
- Travelling group show “The Female”, Portfolio Gallery, London
- “Shrines & Boxes”, Zelda Cheatle Gallery, London
- South Bank Show “Icons”, London Festival Hall
- “Fusion” group show, Photofusion Gallery, London
- “Art in Boxes”, England & Co, London
- “Art in Boxes 2”, England & Co, London
- “Day of the Dead”, Owing-Dewey Gallery, Santa Fe, New Mexico
- John Kobal Portrait Award, National Portrait Gallery, London
- “Shrines”, Owing-Dewey Gallery, Santa Fe, New Mexico
- “Shrines” one person show, Zelda Cheatle Gallery, London
- “A Book, a Box” group show, Owing-Dewey Gallery, Santa Fe, New Mexico
- “Displaced” one person show, Howard Greenberg Gallery, New York
- “In to the Light” international travelling show, The Royal Photographic Society, Bath; The Newlyn Gallery, Cornwall; Calcagrafia, Madrid; Metropole Art Centre, Folkstone
- “Displaced” one person show, Zelda Cheatle Gallery, London
- “Karmasimya” Pamuk Bank, Istanbul: Imogen Cunningham, Sarah Moon, Mari Mahe, Mick Lindberg
- “15x15” group show to celebrate 15 years of Zelda Cheatle Gallery, London
- Textile Paintings solo show, Anthony Hepworth Gallery, Bath
- Stitched Stories solo show, Anthony Hepworth Gallery, Bath