Please contact the gallery for works currently available.
- Medway College of Art.
- Royal Academy Schools, London.
- A year spent on two mural projects with the late Edward Bawden, CBE, RA.
John Holden was Head of Fine Art at Liverpool John Moores University until 2000.
- Diverse Approaches to a Structured Art - Galerie St Johann, Saarbrucken, Germany.
- Diverse approaches to a Structured Art, Galerie Palaid Walderdorf, Trier, Germany (Catalogue written by William Varley, funded by The British Council, Henry Moore Foundation & East Midlands Arts - 4 x one person shows).
- The Liverpool Years, Dean Clough, Halifax.
- The Liverpool Years, Senate House Gallery, Liverpool University.
- The Liverpool Years, Bury Art Gallery.
- New Works, Castlefield Gallery, Manchester.
- John Holden Paintings 1998 - 2000, The View, Liverpool.
- John Holden at The Redbrick Mill, Batley.
- John Holden Recent Works, Agnew’s, London.
- John Holden Squaring the Void, Agnew’s, London.
Two person exhibitions
- Parallel Lines - John Holden and David Morris, Howard Gardens Gallery, Cardiff Institute.
- Two Person Show, Byard Gallery, Nottingham.
- Two Person Show, WitteZaal, Ghent, Belgium (Catalogue written by Nicholas Usherwood and funded by John Moores University & Wittezaal, Ghent.
- John Holden & Paul Mason, Fermyn-Woods Contemporary Art.
Department of the Environment; Leicestershire Education Authority; Bury Art Gallery & Museum; Liverpool John Moores University; Liverpool University collection and private collections in the USA, Australia, Italy, Germany, Holland, France, Ireland and the United Kingdom.
John Holden was awarded a Sabbatical Fellowship 1998 from the Vice Chancellor’s Office, John Moores University - large triptych installation.
- Awarded membership of the London Group.